How long do I cook a 7.5 kg stuffed turkey?
Roasting times for a stuffed turkey:
10–12 lb (4.5–5.5 kg) 3 1/2–3 3/4 hours. 12–16 lb (5.5–7.25 kg) 3 3/4–4 hours. 16–20 lb (7.25–9.0 kg) 4–5 hours.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast in a 325° or 350° (depending on size of bird; see below) oven until thermometer registers 160°. If turkey is unstuffed, tip slightly to drain juices from body cavity into pan. Transfer turkey to a platter. Let stand in a warm place, uncovered, for 15 to 30 minutes, then carve.
How long do I cook a turkey that is stuffed?
A stuffed turkey takes longer to cook than an unstuffed turkey. Roast a stuffed turkey for 15 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F. It is important to check the temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when you insert the thermometer into the center of the stuffing.
How long do you cook a turkey for per kg?
Turkey cooking times
- allow 45 minutes per kilogram, plus 20 minutes, for a turkey under 4.5kg.
- allow 40 minutes per kilogram for a turkey that’s between 4.5kg and 6.5kg.
- allow 35 minutes per kilogram for a turkey of more than 6.5kg.
What temperature do you cook a turkey at?
Stick with a temperature of 325°F, which ensures the turkey gets cooked all the way without becoming overdone.
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
Do you cover a turkey when cooking?
To achieve that balance, the ideal is to let the bird spend time both covered and uncovered: We recommend covering your bird for most of the cooking time to prevent it from drying out, then removing the cover for the last 30 minutes or so to allow the skin to crisp.
Is it better to cook a turkey in a convection oven or regular oven?
Using a convection oven yields more efficient cooking. Because dry hot air is blowing directly on the food, your dishes will cook about 25 percent faster in a convection oven.
Does stuffing a turkey keep it moist?
Cooking your stuffing inside the Thanksgiving turkey gives it an unparalleled flavor and texture. As the bird roasts, its juices are absorbed into the stuffing, resulting in a savory, moist, delicious mixture that’s hard to achieve any other way.
How long does it take to cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
- Cook from Frozen. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Remove plastic bag. …
- Place breast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with oil to prevent drying. …
- Cook for 4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
- Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the netting and slicing.
Can you cook turkey at 300 degrees?
Good results can be had by roasting at 300 degrees Fahrenheit, but you can also achieve excellent results at 325 F. The rule of thumb is to select a lower temperature if you allow sufficient time in advance. … The best temperature to remove the turkey for perfectly cooked white meat is 155-160 degrees breast temperature.
Should you bring your turkey to room temperature before cooking?
First, Bring Your Bird to Room Temp
Your turkey will cook more evenly and faster if you start it out at room temperature so remove the turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting. If you plan to stuff your turkey, wait until you’re ready to put it in the oven before putting the stuffing in the turkey.
How do you know when a turkey leg is done?
The best way to know when your turkey is cooked, is with an instant meat thermometer! When the internal temperature of the thighs reaches 170°F, it’s done.