Can I use a metal pie pan to bake a cake?
Aluminum is good for cakes, bars, and pies—but also for breads: focaccia, sandwich loaves, and rolls. Because metal heats up faster than glass, it contributes to a better rise and crisper, browner edges. But whatever you’re baking, it’s important to remember that not every metal pan is a great metal pan.
What is the best pan to bake a pie in?
The Best Pie Plate
- Our pick. OXO Good Grips Glass 9″ Pie Plate With Lid. The best pie plate. At 2 inches deep, this dish holds more than most glass plates we tested. …
- Also great. Emile Henry 9-Inch Pie Dish. A prettier deep-dish pie plate. …
- Runner-up. Pyrex 9″ Glass Pie Plate. A shallower pie plate.
What do I use if I don’t have a pie pan?
Pie Pan Substitutes
- Cake pan. If you don’t have a pie pan, you can use a cake pan for baking your pie. …
- Tart pans. Another substitute for a pie pan is a tart pan with a removable bottom. …
- Muffin pans. Muffin pans are suitable substitutes for pie pans, especially when you want to make mini pies. …
- Baking paper.
What can you substitute for pie plate?
What To Use Instead Of A Pie Pan [6 Alternatives]
- Cake pan.
- Tart pan.
- Springform pan.
- Muffin pan.
- 11×7 pan.
- 13×9 pan.
Can I use ceramic bowl for baking?
Any oven-safe pans or crockery can be used in the oven. In order to identify if your plate, pot, cup or bowl is oven safe, you need to look for an special Oven-Safe symbol underneath. Some examples of the types of materials that are oven safe are: … Ceramics are generally fine to use in the oven.
Does it take longer to bake in ceramic?
Ceramic functions much like glass in that it’s slower to heat than metal and holds that heat for a long time. It evenly distributes that heat for cooking casseroles and thick recipes. Its nonporous surface also is safe to store food, reducing clean-up work.